Thank you for your interest in the 2013 ICF Junior and Under 23 Canoe Sprint World Championships. The event will be held on August 1st-4th, 2013 on the Welland International Flatwater Centre North Course! Canoe Niagara will be the first Canoe Sprint World Championships to combine both Junior and Under 23 age categories into one large event, setting a standard for future organizations to match! Canoe Niagara is also the qualifier for the 2014 Youth Olympics, taking place in Nanjing, China.
As part of our event, you will be welcoming approximately 1600 athletes, officials, coaches
and team staff in addition to visiting supporters, friends and families from around the World
to the City of Welland. To attend as media personnel, please complete and submit your application by clicking here.
July 1 – Pre-Competition training begins for teams arriving early
July 26 – WIFC becomes fully operational for Canoe Niagara
July 29-31 – Official Practice begins
July 31 – Opening Ceremonies
August 1 – Competition begins
August 4 – Last day of competition & Closing Ceremonies
A requested shuttle will be available between The Hilton Hotels & Suites Niagara Falls and the Welland International Flatwater Centre. If accommodations are pursued outside of the specified hotel, transportation will not be provided.
A media centre will be located at the Welland International Flatwater Center (WIFC), 16 Townline Tunnel Rd., Welland ON.
This location will provide the following:
- Special media zone
- Work space
- Printer/photocopier availability
- Free Internet Access (WiFi)
- Unencumbered view of the race course
- Media backdrop for interviews
- Athlete information
- Friendly staff and liaisons to help with arranging interviews etc.
- On-site accreditation at our information desk
- Light refreshments and hospitality services
- Liaison staff support for conducting athlete interviews
- On-site information services staff for results and event information